GIKK Ortho Urgent Care provides acute care for patients with a wide variety of orthopaedic injuries in a timely manner. Our goal is to provide direct access for physicians and patients to the GIKK Ortho Specialist Teams for acute injuries. In addition to initial care, we are committed to providing definitive follow-up subspecialty care. The follow-up care will be coordinated with referring physicians and our subspecialty clinics.
We are open:
Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
For more information, please call (402) 330-3812.
Ortho Urgent Care is staffed by a team of board certified orthopaedic surgeons and physician assistants. Subspecialty support is provided by all GIKK physicians.
Ortho Urgent Care will treat acute conditions which are orthopaedic in nature for patients 8 years of age and older. All physician referrals including Management of Care, Urgent Care and Emergency Rooms will be accommodated accordingly.
- simple lacerations and tendon injuries
- fractures, all types
- strains and sprains
- dislocations; finger, wrist, elbow, shoulder and ankle
- basically all diagnoses routinely referred for an orthopaedic evaluation
Any questions or concerns regarding the severity of the injury, or the ability to treat that injury at the Ortho Urgent Care may be triaged through the orthopaedic surgeon and/or the physician assistant. Treatment arrangements may then be coordinated with the on-call surgeon or the Emergency Room staff.
Patients NOT appropriate for Ortho Urgent Care:
- GIKK Ortho Specialists do not have physicians who focus on back and/or neck pain.
- No severe injuries including head trauma, open fractures, or fractures requiring known hospitalization.
- All patients that require more extensive care will be managed by the orthopaedic surgeon and/or physician assistant in the Ortho Urgent Care with options such as the on-call physician within GIKK Ortho Specialists or referral to the appropriate subspecialty partner to maximize patient care.